What to Expect at Your First Visit to Dr. Low's Office
We want your first visit to our practice to be welcoming, comfortable, and fun. Our goal is to give you a bright, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
Our practice understands that your first visit to the dentist's office can be overwhelming! Dr. Low and team want to make you feel relaxed about receiving dental treatment. We make it our goal to provide you with a great experience that helps you keep your teeth healthy and happy. We look forward to working with you so we can keep your smile looking GREAT for a lifetime!
During your visit we pledge to:
- Take time to listen to your concerns and expectations
- Review your complete dental history on what you already have
- Discuss with you the different treatments we provide
- Answer ANY questions you may have
- Go over each of our flexible payment plans so you can chose which is best for you
Here are a couple things you can expect during Dr. Low's dental exam:
- We will review you medical history and note any special needs that you may have
- Take an Xray of your mouth and jaws (if needed)
- We will examine your mouth fully and chart any previous dental work done
- We will document current dental needs and highlight your concerns. We will also do a camera exam and highlight those areas
- We will check your mouth for decay, gum disease, do an oral cancer exam, check for braces/orthodontics, and check your bite.
- The doctor will provide an full assessment of your care, prioritize it to what you want and your needs, and review it with the staff to make insurance adjustments and allowances.
What to bring to your first dental exam
Please make sure you fill out each of these forms and bring them with you to your first dental appointment:
- New Patient Information Form
- Insurance and Financial Policy
- Privacy Practices Acknowledgement
- Your Insurance card, and any additional insurance information you might need to provide.
- Your wonderful smile!
For Your Teeth Cleaning
Your hygienist will perform a professional cleaning of your teeth. they will use special dental tools to remove any plaque and tartar that may be built up on the surface of your teeth. Lastly, your hygienist will polish your teeth to make them appear brighter and smoother. You will be provided with the tools to keep this hygiene up on a daily basis.
It is important for you to take care of your teeth and gums in between dental visits! Be sure to brush your teeth at least three times a day, and floss at least once. This will help minimize the amount of plaque and tartar build up that can lead to tooth decay and disease. If you need help learning how to properly brush and floss, please ask at your next office visit and we will be happy to show you how!
To schedule your next regular checkup, please call (209) 474-3333. Remember, you should be visiting your dentist at least every six months for a dental checkup — that's twice a year!
Our practice hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8am- 5pm
Wednesdays are by appointment
Your smile is a wonderful investment offering lifelong benefits!