Dr. Lester Low was raised right here in Stockton, CA. He graduated from Amos Alonzo Stagg High School in 1979. He then attended University of California at Davis and Irvine campuses where he majored in Biological Sciences. After undergraduate school he did his professional dental training at University of the Pacific, Arthur Dugoni School of Dentistry where he graduated Cum Laude in 1986. He then joined his father, Dr. Lawrence Low, in his dental practice and since has made it his passion to have one of the premier practices in the area. He believes to do things right, to treat each person as if they were a family member, to achieve the best possible result. He achieves this while using the highest technology and equipment available. Come check out the office to see the difference.
Dr. Lester Low is actively involved in many community organizations:
He currently volunteers as Director of St. Raphael’s Dental Clinic at St. Mary’s Dining Room where he manages the clinic and the staff, coordinating a team of 40+ volunteer dentists to provide dental care to the underserved. He has been on the St. Mary’s Board of Directors and stays deeply involved with care for the homeless and served as a member of the Programming Committee.
He served as San Joaquin Dental Society’s President in 2008, and still maintains volunteer roles on leadership teams, still staying involved with many of their charitable events such as Su SALUD, Give Kids a Smile, San Joaquin Veterans Stand Down and Donated Dental Services. He serves on many committees within San Joaquin Dental Society: Budget/Finance, Information Technology, Leadership Development/Nomination, and Give Kids a Smile. Because of his committment to the underserved, in 2017 he was awarded California Dental Foundation's highest 'Humanitarian Award’.
He was President of North Stockton Kiwanis Club, a service club fraternity, serving on its Board of Directors multiple terms and providing charitable service to the community in many ways.
He is Dental Clinic Coordinator for San Joaquin County Veterans Stand Down and Dental Clinic Coordinator for Give-Kids-A-Smile events, both to providing free care to children and veterans in the county. He has been a part in many California Dental Association Foundation CDA CARES events.
Dr. Low participates as a leader in many non-profit, social and Christian organizations and has given back to the community in many ways:
- North Stockton 4-H - Leadership Team - Photography Project Leader
- YMCA Y-Adventure Guides – Circle Leader and Youth Soccer Coach
- First Baptist Church -Youth Leader, Choir Leader, Praise Band Member, Bible Study Leader
- Central United Methodist Church - Children’s Choir Co-Director
- University of the Pacific Tigers Athletic Association
- Upward Basketball Coach
- Music Ministries at First Baptist Church and Central United Methodist Church
- California Dental Association Foundation Grant Selection Committee
- Dental Health Educator Lecturer for local Pre-Schools, Elementary, High Schools and Universities
- Dental Consultant for Insurance Companies
- Dentist on Call for Convalescent Homes
- Dental Training Site-Student Internships: Kaplan,UEI,Lincoln Academy,Carrington,Heald Colleges, and University of Pacific Pre-Dental Club
- San Joaquin Dental Society Media Spokesperson
- Sunset Little League Assistant Coach, Photographer, and Webmaster
- Lincoln HS Band and LVW Swim Team Photographer and Webmaster
- Donated Dental Services / National Foundation for Dentistry for the Handicapped Volunteer Dentist for the needy
- CDA CARES, Kaiser Foundation Neighbors in Health Fair and Gene Wah Health Fair- Dental Volunteer
- The Stockton Record's "Best of San Joaquin ": Best Dentist 2018,2017,2016,2014,2013, and 2012– First Place
- San Joaquin Magazine - Best of San Joaquin Award 2018,2017,2016,2015,2014,2013,2012, and 2011 “Best Cosmetic Dentist”, "Best Childrens Dentist", "Best Dental Practice"
- American College of Dentists - Fellowship Award - Top 3% of all American Dentists recognizing Excellence, Outstanding Leadership, and Exceptional Contributions to dentistry and society and committment to ethics.
- International College of Dentists - Fellowship Award - Top 3% of all INTERNATIONAL Dentists recognizing significant contributions to the profession and community through a peer review process
- Pierre Fauchard Academy - Dental Honor Society- Awarded to Top 3% of Dentists Internationally for Ethics and Outstanding Contribution to the Science of Dentistry
- California Dental Association - Volunteer of the Year 2008
- Tau Kappa Omega - Dental Honor Society for Outstanding Educational Achievement
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- San Joaquin Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- University of the Pacific - Dugoni School of Dentistry Alumni Association
In his personal time, Dr. Low enjoys spending time with his wife Wendy and his three children: Carina, Ariana, and Keagan. Being active at their schools and in their lives is important highlight to his days. In his spare time he enjoys computers, piano and keyboards, home automation, waterskiing, boating, personal watercraft, photography, electronics, music, trombone playing, traveling, anything Disney, and spending time at the beach.